Sacred Medicine Wheel in Arizona

Welcome to The Whole in the Center

Welcome to the Whole in the Center
Joyce Seelig, Co-founder


Life is a dream, and you are the dreamer



Through:

Spiritual practice Ceremony

Creativity

Dream work

Storytelling

May we serve Mother Earth and all Her inhabitants by:

Nurturing seeds of peace, friendship and the power of a strong mind

Manifesting our unique gifts and sharing them with others

Creating circles of goodness to heal the world a little bit more

tree.jpg


















Saturday, September 29, 2012

Dream Lodge

  Grandmother Spider appeared to me in a dream one night many years ago.  She encouraged me to create (manifest) a Sacred Space for women to gather in a Dream Lodge.  I really wasn't sure about what I was doing but as Carl Jung, the great Master of the Unconscious, said: "Proceed from the dream outward."  I put "it" out there and as always a powerful group of women showed up ready to do the work of the Goddess.  Each month we met on the Full Moon and shared a dream with the circle.  After hearing the dream the group would act out the dream, silently, in front of the dreamer.  No one would "interpret the dream" but only would share their experience of being in the dream.  And the dreamer would provide insight into seeing the dream and how this was meaningful to her.  I still carry those dreams within a small medicine bundle made out of black velvet each of us created on the first night. The experience was transformative.
So now I shall share a dream with you. I hope you will carry it in a Sacred Way.  I was dreaming in a Sacred Way.  I was walking in the desert with a friendly Spirit Guide.  We walked up onto a high ridge and we were looking down at a green place.  He said: "Where is your Medicine Wheel?"  I answered: "It's down there in that green place."  I told him that I was concerned there were snakes in the tall grasses down there.
With that a snake was next to me and bit me on the leg and I woke up from the dream.
I knew the Dream was very significant.  So that morning I headed out to the desert and allowed my friendly Spirit Guide to show me where I should go.  I hiked a trail I had never been on before.  I went off the trail at a sign that said Trail Closed.  I walked up on a ridge and looked down.
I saw a green place; this circle of grass on the dry desert. 
I built the Medicine Wheel there on that spot. My friends I tell you I did this in a Sacred Manner.
My friends if you come upon this Place you will understand the Power of the Dream Lodge.
May this Full Moon bring you insight and wisdom.

No comments:

Honoring our Ancestors and the 2 million year old Healer

Honoring our Ancestors and the 2 million year old Healer

Living by the Moon

Living by the Moon